It's Okay To Focus on Yourself

Hey there friends!

I hope you have been enjoying the New Year of 2020. It feels so weird to say we are living in the twenties again, especially since I didn't live in the original roaring twenties.

Picture via Pinterest
If you made any New Year Resolutions, I hope you are still sticking to them and killing it at whatever you set your mind to do. Rather it is going back to the gym, setting a budget and saving your money, or whatever goal you wanted to set for yourself.

I'm always awful at keeping my resolutions because by the end of the second week I'm completely done with trying to do what I wrote down.

I know that makes me sound awful. Lol.

This year is different though. Yes, I did set some resolutions to watch what I eat and follow my budget since I have to start paying off my student loans in the next six months.

While these two resolutions are great for me to follow and keep up with this year, the majority of my focus is on something else.

Myself.

If any of my friends and family are reading this, then you know that I'm a people pleaser. I always put others before myself. I have done that all my life. I've always found pleasure in making sure those around me were happy before I would focus on myself. Now I know this isn't a bad thing to do, sometimes it is draining to the person who puts others before themselves.

It wasn't until this year that I realized that I have no clue what I want out of my life. No clue what I want to do with my life. Yes, I do have dreams of what I want to achieve with my life but here lately the dreams and desires have become a blur to myself. It's like I lost what I want to do with my future and it woke me up.

So what does that have to do with putting others before myself?

Well, it's a pretty easy answer. Yes, you can continue to put others first, but it's also alright to say no I need to focus on myself for a little bit. It's okay to take that time to find yourself again and build yourself back up again.

This new year allows you to be yourself. It's time for you and even myself to find who we are meant to be and what we want to achieve with our lives.

I want to leave you with a quote that I find inspiration.

“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”
– Lucille Ball





Comments

  1. This is just the advice that I need for the New Year. Thanks for sharing 💜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. —Athena Christy
      https://athenachristy.wordpress.com/

      Delete
    2. You are so welcome Athena! I'm glad that I was able to give advice.

      Delete
  2. Wonderfully written and thoughtfully spoken! You can't truly love your fellow human being without first loving yourself, or, for that matter, know what love really means. Great post! Find myself at a loss sometimes too about future goals and dreams.... xD But hey! That's just part of life, yeah? (take each day one step at a time : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts