My College Experience: Junior Year

Welcome back!

If you are reading this, I hope you had a great week and are looking forward to having a three-day break since it's Labor Day weekend.

For this post, I'm going to continue on the sharing of my college experience leading up to where I'm at today. So let us get down to my junior year!

Junior year was probably my longest time at Tech, due to it taking about 3 or 4 semesters (I honestly lost count) to finish.  This year was probably the longest and most difficult time out of college, due to several events that had taken place.

I had left Applebees to work at another restaurant for about 6 months, thinking that I would make better money serving at a higher-end restaurant. Only to realize that I was making less money working there than when I was closing almost every night at Applebees. I had left a good-paying job for another serving one where I didn't make enough per shift to feel comfortable if an emergency came up. Also within this time, I had also changed my major again. This time I transferred from Math to English, with my focus on Creative Writing. Like I mentioned in my last post, I was in a place where I didn't know what was the right path for me to choose. For some reason though, this felt like the right choice.

Fall of Junior year (2016)

It wasn't until after the start of my English classes, that I began to feel happy again. I was finally on a path that I was truly happy to adventure down. Yes sometimes the paper writing was stressful but at the end of the semester, I always felt proud of my work. I felt like I finally found my calling for what I was meant to do with my life.

Probably why this season of college was so rough for me was because I questioned every little detail that happened in my life. Anytime something good would come along, I would always question when the next bad incident would occur. Instead of looking at the glass half-full, I would view it as half-empty. 

Looking back now, I wished I would have changed to English quicker than I did. Maybe if by doing so, I would have a better outlook on some of the incidents that took place during this season of my life. Now that is something that I strive to work on, looking at life from a more positive perspective.  

If I have learned anything from my past, it would be that you should keep a more positive outlook on life. Life has a way of throwing curveballs at us when we are least expecting it. The way you handle them is the way that you will handle the rest of your life.

Well y'all, that pretty much sums up my junior year. 

I hope y'all have a wonderful day and a great rest of the week!

Thanks

- Tabatha



Comments

Popular Posts